I was just talking to my mom on my new phone, and among other things, she suggested that I put together a little wish-list of boat parts, now that Christmas (and incidentally, my launching) is coming up.
Right now, I’ve been pretty focussed on “the essentials”; those things that get me up and running, let alone all the extra bits that help out, but aren’t necessarily mission-critical. As such, my immediate list of wants overlaps closely with my usual to-do list.
Right now, it’s pretty short:
– 300′ of 9mm 1×19 Type 316 stainless wire (for standing rigging)
– 300′ of 10mm Sta-Set-X line (for halyards)
– A head gasket, freshwater pump, exhaust flange, and exhaust gasket
– An Airmar NMEA 2000 Triducer
That’s really all I need to get sailing, along with a few misc. sundries.
Buuuuuut, if there’s any benevolent fairy-godparents out there, I might expand the list to include:
– Anchors: a pair of 35lb Delta Fast-set, a 75lb three-piece Luke fisherman
– Sails: a main, an asymmetric reaching spinnaker, a lapping daisy, etc.
– A Maretron N2K control head
– A chartplotter: Raymarine E-series or Furuno NN3D
– Ummm… Hard to come up with more… 🙂