Last weekend, I installed the new diesel tank, plumbed up a bunch of fuel fittings, and finally installed the new permanent cockpit scupper hoses and seacocks. Yesterday, working late outside under lights, I wired up the engine harness and mounted the alternator. Today at lunch I filled, primed, and tested my “filter farm”: the rack of multiple diesel/water separators, fuel filters, and pumps.

And just this evening, right before the sunset, I fired the engine up! First time running in years now… It took some cranking, until I tracked down the loose connection in the glow-plug circuit, then Vroom! it was putt-putting along.

I’m going to re-work the oil-dipstick tube for better clearance along the engine beds, then I’ll be set to install the engine this weekend. Maybe even sometime this week!

  1. osteoderm’s avatar

    dork. heh…



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *